2008 Hyundai Entourage
2008 Hyundai Entourage Overview
Note: This review was created when the 2008 Hyundai Entourage was new.
Pros & Cons
- Affordable base price
- Named an IIHS "Top Safety Pick"
- Spacious seven-seat interior
- Carlike handling
- Less cargo space than others in its class
- Some reviewers find engine power lacking
- Sub-par reliability and value ratings
The Hyundai Entourage score of 8.1 out of 10 is based on our evaluation of 41 pieces of research and data elements using various sources.
2008 Hyundai Entourage Pictures
2008 Hyundai Entourage Review
The 2008 Entourage scores well because it delivers one of the best combinations of spacious seven-passenger seating, safety and affordability in its class.
Reviewers generally agree the all-new 2008 Hyundai Entourage is a smooth-riding, safe and well-equipped minivan. Motor Trend says: "Hyundai's first-ever minivan (essentially a twin to the Kia Sedona) was designed with the hope of overtaking the Honda Odyssey as the industry standard. With 250 horsepower, a bevy of standard safety equipment, and a roomy interior, it comes close."
Not only is the Entourage viewed as a viable minivan offering, but it has top honors to back it up, including Motor Week's 2007 Driver's Choice Award for Best Minivan. On top on that, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) named the Entourage a "Top Safety Pick" for its generous smorgasbord of standard features and outstanding performance in crash tests. The icing on the cake is an affordable sticker price and good value relative to the competition, and a best-in-class powertrain warranty that far exceeds the competition. Still, the Entourage is criticized for offering less cargo room than competitors and featuring an engine that some test drivers find inadequate.
The Entourage comes in two trims -- the GLS base model and the ultra-luxury Limited -- which add various external and internal features. The mid-level SE trim has been dropped for 2008 and replaced by various option packages for the GLS. One powertrain is standard across all trims.
- "Entourage isn't flashy, just a fine van at a good price. Give it a look." -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- "Hyundai's van receives a collection of Entourage-exclusive components and build techniques making it the more affluent cousin to the highly praised Sedona." -- Automobile.com
- "I discovered that you can spend more money on another minivan, but you won't buy a better one than the Hyundai Entourage." -- About.com
- "It's a minivan whose features go head to head against the top competitors, yet the price is less, a Hyundai hallmark." -- Fort Worth Star-Telegram